Digital Marketing 101: The Who, What, Where, When, Why Answers You Need To Know
Do you want to grow your business and drive tons of traffic to your website?
Our digital marketing agency is perfectly positioned to help market your business / services. The only barrier between your success is our service agreement and contract, which is begging for your signature as we speak.
If you haven’t heard of digital marketing by now, you must have been enjoying a decade-long vacation on a remote island somewhere in the world. If that’s the case, our agency can help your business reach new heights so you can get back to your well deserved R&R. For any other business owner that has stumbled upon this page, we welcome you and hope you learn a thing or two about the importance of online marketing.
This article is geared to complete two tasks:
1) teach you and/or elevate your current knowledge
2) explain why you need to invest in SEO and other strategies for your business.
We know your time is valuable, so we won’t waste anymore of it on this intro. Let’s dive into Digital Marketing 101.
What Is Digital Marketing And How Does It Work?
What is digital marketing, you ask? It is an online business strategy that focuses on key elements that allow your business to reach its target audience online. All marketing efforts that are devised online can be brought under the umbrella term of digital marketing.
Now, how digital marketing strategy is achieved is even more important than what it is. Through a combined effort of online marketing tactics, such as content creation and developing an online presence, certain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved.
These KPIs can encompass long-term achievements, like getting a high rank for your main keywords, or short-term goals that are required to capture leads and increase traffic. An example of this would be achviewing a 50% open and 35% click through rate on an email marketing campaign.
This type of marketing is not limited to one idea. In fact, the old adage of “this is the way we have always done it” is thrown out the window. This type of marketing for businesses is always evolving and changing, which makes answering the question of how it works slightly complex. Essentially, any online activity directed by a business that is aimed at reaching its target audience is accomplished through online marketing.
What Is The Role Of Digital Marketing To A Company?
The role of digital marketing to a company is huge in this day and age. Since so many consumers are spending their time online, a business that wants to grow needs to be in the same place as their intended audience. This means companies can have teams working around the clock to connect with prospects.
If a company wants to meet its KPIs and close more deals, it needs to accept online marketing as one of the single greatest sales drivers for its business. The examples we will cover below need to be core strategies that are implemented at the right time in order to be successful. This means some companies will have an entire department dedicated to just one aspect while others will simply outsource the work.
What Are Some Examples Of Digital Marketing?
As we mentioned, digital marketing is always changing and no one specific example represents online marketing as a whole. However, we will go over some of the most popular tactics and strategies that are utilized by many businesses today.
- SEO: In order to rank well online when customers complete an online search, search engine optimization must be employed. This online marketing tactic requires specific on-page and off-page elements to be implemented on the website. To see the results from these efforts, it is important to hire an SEO specialist.
- SMM: Social media marketing can include organic or paid efforts. Organic efforts are actions like making a post on the business’ Facebook paid. Paid efforts include boosting posts and running targeted ads.
- SEM: Search engine marketing focuses on running paid ads for popular search terms. Instead of appearing in the results where the page is ranked, the company’s website will appear at the top.
- Email Marketing: We know you love and hate emails that advertise sales for an item you don’t really need, but we would certainly love to have. You have been exposed to email marketing for years and will continue to for years to come.
- Content Marketing: Content has reigned king since the beginning of the internet. Content marketing focuses on digital assets that can be consumed online, such as blogs, social media posts, and videos.
- Digital Advertising: Digital advertising focuses on running paid campaigns anywhere online. This can be small ads that appear on the side of a website or large pop up advertisements that promote a new sale.
Digital Marketing Assets
The number of digital marketing assets available continue to grow each day. As new technology comes out (such as virtual reality), the number of assets will only continue to grow. To avoid overloading you with information, we will provide a brief life of some of the online marketing assets you are most familiar with:
- Video Content
- Written Content (e.g blogs)
- Online Products
- Tools (e.g. calculators)
- Free Downloads (e.g. guides)
These online marketing assets are crucial for connecting with customers. It is important to remember that the content that drives sales are the videos, images, and words that provide value to your target audience.
What Does A Digital Marketer Do?
A digital marketer is the knight in shining armor your company relies on to deliver leads and sales to your business. As you can see, the world of online marketing can be confused and time consuming. You didn’t get into business to sit on your computer for 20 hours out the day and learn a new skill. Rather than you focusing on digital marketing for your business, a digital marketer takes those tasks off your plate. This allows you to get back to business and deliver quality goods or services to your customers.
The digital marketer you hire will focus on the specific KPIs for the services you need. Some businesses thrive on email marketing while others see better ROI on SEO, paid advertising, and social media marketing. Your digital marketer will know exactly which tactics will provide the best growth for your business.
Types Of Digital Marketing / Digital Marketing Services We Specialize In
Our digital marketing agency is the one to trust with a number of services. We do not only work with well established brands either. If you just opened your doors, we will scale along with your growth and celebrate every milestone with you.
We specialize in the following types of digital marketing services for businesses across a number of industries:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPPC)
- Online PR
- Inbound Marketing
If you want to boost your SEO, rank well online, build links that provide value, and reach a wider audience, please do not hesitate to contact our digital marketing company. You’re only one click away from gaining momentum online and securing more leads this quarter.